Stray Boots is a VC-backed tech startup changing the way people explore the world, offering cell phone-guided games that play out like a cross between a tour and a scavenger hunt (think: your own private Amazing Race). We offer over 60 self-guided adventures in 14 US Cities and the UK, having sold over 100,000 tours and having roughly doubled in size every year since we started.
Featured in the NY Times (twice), Washington Post, Fast Company, and TechCrunch (4 times), we’re capturing the imagination of consumers around the country. Having graduated the Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator program (ERA) and obtained VC funding, we're now building out our team so we can grow more rapidly. We’re looking for the key players who want to be the foundation of an exciting, rapidly growing company and members of a phenomenal team.
Founded by three Ivy-Leaguers with a passion for travel, Stray Boots is all about helping people have fun and our office culture reflects that. We strike a good workplace balance between playful and focused, between weekly meetings and Beer Fridays. You'll be joining a close-knit, enthusiastic and hard-working team fully invested in our product, customers, and over-arching vision.
If you don't see the position you're looking for below, ask us -- we're always on the lookout for talented people, especially with technical skills.
Current OpeningsLocal Tour Editor/Brand Ambassador
We're seeking someone passionate about urban exploration, trivia, and discovery to join our local Stray Boots team. The ideal candidate is someone that’s flexible, adaptable, and excited to be part of an amazing company.
Initially it will be a small, fun commitment that you can really enjoy. You’ll be our local “boots” on the ground helping us maintain and repair our existing tours since cities are ever-changing and occasionally things get out of date. We’ll depend on your creativity, know-how, and research (both on the web and in the streets!) to make memorable experiences for thousands of customers.
Since we’re a startup, things are always changing! The position will evolve in the future depending on our needs within your city. It may range from local expansion to marketing. The exciting part is that you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us and take on a bigger role within Stray Boots! The pay at the start will be $40 a month mainly to cover transportation and sampling, and we'll adjust the pay accordingly as we add on more responsibilities.
• Updating & maintaining our Stray Boots tours through a combination of fieldwork and creative writing
• Responsibilities typically require 2-5 hours per month, but may increase during busy months
• Will involve 1 trip into the “field” each month to scout new locations and create new challenges, usually over the course of a few hours
• Opportunity to test new Stray Boots tours and new features on our app
• Down the road, the opportunity to design and create your own Stray Boots tours and aid in local marketing
The Ideal Candidate is…
• Open to new ideas
• Naturally curious about the city and loves exploring by foot
• Excellent at communicating
• Passionate about travel, fun, knowledge, and innovation
- To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and tell us why you're excited about working for Stray Boots.