What are you waiting for? Connect with our team and get the inside track.
You won't find opportunities like these anywhere else!
Work with Us
Strayboots is an NYC-based tech/travel startup that enables you to explore the world in a totally new, interactive way. We offer scavenger hunts by mobile phone for large groups like corporate team building events and small groups looking to tour their city with friends and family. We’ve provided over 750 scavenger hunt events for Fortune 100 companies like Amex, Google, and Walmart, plus school groups, non-profits, and any other type of company you could think of!
Featured in the NY Times (twice), Washington Post, Fast Company, and TechCrunch (4 times), we’re capturing the imagination of consumers around the country. Having graduated the Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator program (ERA) and obtained VC funding, we're now building out our team so we can grow more rapidly. We’re looking for the key players who want to be the foundation of an exciting, rapidly growing company and members of a phenomenal team.
If you don't see the position you're looking for below,
ask us -- we're always on the lookout for talented people, especially with technical skills.
What's your passion? Check out all our open spots below.
Local Scavenger Hunt Editor
Miami, Austin, Indianapolis, Louisville, Morristown,
Orlando, Phoenix, SLC, and St. Louis
WHAT WE DO:
Strayboots makes it easy for people to explore. We offer cell phone-guided scavenger hunts that teach groups -- from small crews to big Fortune 100 companies -- about the city they're in.
We currently offer hunts in over 30 cities and we're growing fast!
WHAT WE NEED YOU FOR:
We need a Local Editor for two primary reasons:
1. Cities are constantly changing. We need someone on-the-ground to help us make sure we’re not sending people to places that don’t exist or are under construction.
2. Being popular is hard work. We’re constantly fielding requests to create hunts in new cities. We need someone to help us scope out the best places to include in a new hunt: historical spot, local favorites, fun trivia etc.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
You’re passionate about urban exploration and content creation and are flexible.
YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THESE CITIES:
- St. Louis
This is a great opportunity to have a blast exploring your city, get access to our tours in other cities you visit, and add to your portfolio. Initially, you’ll be doing an on-the-ground run-through of an existing hunt. Each run-through takes about 2-3 hours. After that, if things go well, we’ll keep you on retainer as our local rep for $40 a month. We’ll reach out whenever a need arises in your city; that can be as infrequent as once every two months.
If we ask you to create a new hunt, or do more extensive work on an existing one, we compensate per project (typically between $50-$350).
HOW TO APPLY
Just send your resume along to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief paragraph about your favorite place to explore and why!Close
New York, NY
This internship is a great way to get a ton of hands-on experience, plus you’ll be working directly with one of our founders!
WHAT WE NEED YOU FOR:
We need a jack-of-all-trades intern to help us out with all aspects of creating and maintaining our scavenger hunts. So what does that mean?
• Help write/edit content for scavenger hunts
• Enter content and data into our system
• Assist with account management - send updates, instructions and hunt results to clients
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF YOU’RE:
• Flexible and up for taking on a variety of tasks
• Passionate about exploration
• Super detail-oriented
THE NITTY GRITTY:
• Experience: No experience necessary, but Business, Marketing, Communications, Writing and Event Planning majors are preferred.
• Location: Our office is in a fun co-working space in Brooklyn, but we’re open to remote interns!
• Hours: Approximately 15
• Pay: $9/hr
HOW TO APPLY:
Just send your resume along to email@example.com with a brief paragraph about why you’re a good fit and telling us about the coolest place you’ve ever visited!Close